Prosecution, Criminal Defense, & Family Law
Straight out of law school, I discovered that I had a real knack for criminal prosecution. In my first role as a licensed attorney, I went from prosecuting traffic-related cases to misdemeanors in just three months. Generally, that kind of promotion isn’t available until you have at least 9 months of practice under your belt.
In 2008, my business partner and I decided to open our own law firm. It was then that I switched from prosecuting to defending the criminally accused. In 2014, I struck out on my own and founded Miller Law Offices, P.C. While criminal defense is still central to my practice, I have also become a go-to resource for many Peoria families on other legal matters.
For instance, I have helped countless locals get through their divorces, establish child custody arrangements, and obtain orders of protection (in cases of domestic violence). Like criminal defense, family law cases require both creative legal insight and a genuine investment in the well-being of others. I’m all too happy to provide those things to my clients, regardless of whether they’ve been accused of a crime or are struggling with a family law issue.
Outside the Office
When I’m not working on a case, I spend every moment I can with my four kids. I also work hard to keep up with them by staying active. In particular, I enjoy running, rock climbing, and practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- J.D. - Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
- Honors: Dean’s List Four (4) Semesters
- Honors: NIU Moot Court
- B.A. in Politics & Government - Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Golden Key National Honor Society
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Society of Legal Advocates: Top 40 under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyer for 2014
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member - Illinois State Bar Association
- Member - Peoria County Bar Association, Criminal Division
- Member - American Inns of Court, Abraham Lincoln Inn
- Member - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Classes & Seminars
- People’s Law School / Issues in DUI & Criminal Law, Illinois Central College
- Assistant State’s Attorney - Peoria County State’s Attorney
- Student Attorney - Northern Illinois Criminal Defense Clinic
- Student Attorney - Peoria County State’s Attorney
- Law Clerk - Malmquist & Geiger
- Letter Carrier - U.S. Postal Service
- Sailor - United States Navy