If you and your spouse are going through a divorce and have arrived at a difficult crossroads, then you may want to consider hiring a mediator to work with you. Oftentimes, it is best to negotiate divorces out of the court. Doing so can help you avoid long, drawn-out, and expensive court battles with a spouse.
Benefits of Mediation
Benefits to mediation include:
- It is cost-effective
- It is beneficial for children because it protects them from conflict
- It can shorten the length of the divorce process
- It can help spouses arrive at satisfactory solutions
- It allows for greater post-divorce stability
- It is less adversarial than addressing divorce issues in court
- There are more opportunities to tailor your family plan
- It results in faster resolution of many issues
- There is greater confidentiality
- You control the discussion and outcome instead of a judge
- You get more personal attention
How Mediation Works
Mediation is a process that occurs when you sit down with a trained and compassionate mediator and discuss the aspects of your divorce. Mediators work with you and your spouse to determine the best choices for you concerning child support, property division, child custody, and more. By negotiating all of these decisions with the help of a knowledgeable mediator, you can avoid the costly and lengthy battles commonly associated with divorces handled in court.
As a Peoria family law attorney, I am capable of mediating divorce cases for my clients. If you are interested in drafting your divorce papers in this efficient, calm way and avoiding the courts, then I can help. Don’t hesitate to call Miller Law Offices if you want more information about mediation. I am compassionate and caring and can help to walk you through the big choices involved in your divorce. Call today to learn more and to set up a free initial case evaluation!