Help Fighting Traffic Citations in Peoria, IL
Traffic tickets can be a nuisance, and when they pile up, they can also lead to harsh penalties. Most often, traffic tickets result in a fine, which must be paid within a certain amount of time. Prior to the fine’s due date, you have the opportunity to contest the ticket. If you believe that you were issued a ticket unfairly, then you should certainly attempt to dispute it with the help of a Peoria defense attorney.
Actions that May Lead to a Traffic Ticket
Illinois police are at liberty to issue traffic tickets when they can prove that a driver has violated Illinois traffic laws in some way.
Common traffic offenses include:
- Driving without insurance
- Ignoring traffic signals (running red lights, etc.)
- Illegal U-turns
- Failing to yield
- Reckless driving
- Driving on a suspended license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving on a revoked license
- Cell phone use on the road
Consequences of Traffic Tickets
Some traffic tickets may simply result in a $100 fine, which is easily payable for most people. When traffic tickets start piling up, however, serious fines and penalties can result.
In Illinois, the laws mandate that:
- A driver under 21 with 2 traffic violation convictions within 2 years will receive license suspension
- A driver over 21 with 3 traffic violations in 1 year will receive a license suspension
Defenses in Traffic Ticket Cases
You may be able to dispute your traffic ticket if you can argue that:
- You were pulled over without reasonable cause
- You were not violating a traffic law when ticketed
- Your conduct was necessary to avoid harm
- You were speeding / driving recklessly due to an emergency
- You were not aware of a particular traffic law
- Your conduct should be legally justified
Hire a top Peoria traffic ticket attorney to help you!
With my firm on your side, you will be able to make a solid case and work toward avoiding the penalties associated with a traffic ticket. I handle each case personally and will be there with you every step of the way. Also, if your license has already been revoked, I will do all that I can to help you get your license reinstated. You may not even have to appear in court. Call me today to get started and to receive your free case evaluation!